Wednesday, March 21, 2007
*****UPDATE****** 2/11/08

I'm going to be ending 8 wishes in a few weeks. I'm also donating the funds to DARC and working on getting a page on their site so that you can see the funds went to them. We almost had something workout with Oprah and I will try to explain what happened in the next post.

I will be posting a new "viral" video and new site to raise more funds.

Thanks for being patient and I look forward to updating you all.

Paul
****UPDATE****** 2/11/08

We're getting a new look...

I'm really excited to announce that I will be putting together a new website for 8 Wishes. I'm going to be moving the site from Blogger and I will be hosting the site myself. Blogger has been great but I will be moving the blog to a new platform that will add a bunch of features are give us more control of the design to help deliver all the news in a more developed way.

Also since the main video hit YouTube's front page I got a ton of emails -- at least 1000-- from people around the world. I also have around another 1000 emails from other avenues of media that 8 wishes got coverage for. It my top priority to respond to all the emails.

I'm going to be saving up funds to launch my new site. I also want to take a few weeks off to recharge my batteries (the 88 days took a lot out of me). My hope is to have the new site up in a month but it may take up to 3 months. Rest assured that I'll be working extremely hard to get everything up and running for 8 Wishes 2.0.

In June, we will be accepting applications for the donations we received. We will be giving away the $8,297 to one individual. The funds will be sitting in the ChipIn account and DARC will also be overseeing the whole process. You will notice that the donations are redirected to my PayPal account. This was the only way I was able to extend the deadline with the ChipIn widget. I will be changing it back to the ChipIn account as soon as I can. If you don't feel comfortable donating via PayPal, please just mail the check to DARC and make sure to write 8 Wishes in the memo.

I can wait to get back to work and grant all the wishes by 08/08/08

Take care,
Paul

PS. Current YouTube video views: 558,682!
posted by Caridad @ 9:01 AM  
13 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Welcome to 8 wishes!


The Video That Started It All:



Please rate and comment on this video at youtube:
VOTE FOR VIDEO HERE


date

Donate Below!
Even the Smallest Donations Add Up!



Where Does the Money Go?
Learn about the 501c3 Charities

More About My 8 Wishes...
Learn how and why I've made these wishes

Submit YOUR 8 wishes below:
Send your 8 wishes to me!

About us
Meet Paul and the 8 Wishes team

More Info on Solo Ride...
Learn about the film behind 8 Wishes

Contact Me!

Call me 805.456.2130
Contact me HERE

addmeboxforblog

Subscribe Below:

Enter your email address to get updates:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger



Recent Posts:
Archives:
Links: